Monday, October 8, 2012

31: Skipping Class Part 2

Now you know...I've skipped a class or two in my day.  Life has a sneaky way of derailing you (and me) when we least expect it if we don't have margins.

My girl needed a skip day a couple of weeks ago.  Life had simply overwhelmed her and she needed a break.  She's only 9 and yet...she needs margins, too.

That got me thinking about the common, and essential, elements to a day devoted to margin.  A day when we need to carve out some space so we can breathe, think, live.

Here are the key pieces should you find you need your own day of margin:
  • rest - sleeping in and naps
  • food - your favorite comfort foods
  • fresh air - it's amazing to me what a little natural vitamin D and deep inhalations of oxygen will do for your soul
  • clothing - only the comfiest, snuggliest will do
  • meditation - take some time to think, read, pray, listen to music
  • hot bath - turns out there's some truth to "Calgon take me away!"
What are your key pieces to a day of margin?


1 comment:

  1. Yes! We all need days to ourselves. I call it a "day of autonomy". No errands, no cooking, no chores. I just take a day to relax and do what I want to do. I always feel refreshed when I give myself some space.

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete