My girl needed a skip day a couple of weeks ago. Life had simply overwhelmed her and she needed a break. She's only 9 and yet...she needs margins, too.
That got me thinking about the common, and essential, elements to a day devoted to margin. A day when we need to carve out some space so we can breathe, think, live.
Here are the key pieces should you find you need your own day of margin:
- rest - sleeping in and naps
- food - your favorite comfort foods
- fresh air - it's amazing to me what a little natural vitamin D and deep inhalations of oxygen will do for your soul
- clothing - only the comfiest, snuggliest will do
- meditation - take some time to think, read, pray, listen to music
- hot bath - turns out there's some truth to "Calgon take me away!"